Excellence in Community Engagement
Projects demonstrating creative and innovative approaches to involving communities in landscape design, management or planning.
It is open to LI members.
What we are celebrating
This award celebrates projects which demonstrate a creative or in-depth approach to involving communities or building capacity amongst community groups. The engagement may be two-way – for instance co-design, neighbourhood planning, etc. – or one-way – for instance a communication or outreach strategy. Communities may be the general public, or it may be a specific community of interest, such as local businesses, refugee groups, children, people with disabilities, etc.
This award is open to different types of landscape works, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Assessment or research
- New process or intervention
- Planning document
- Management strategy
To enter this Award:
- The work may be any scale
- Part of the awarded activity must have taken place between July 2018 and July 2020
- The work may be a stand-alone project or form part of a larger project
This award will be scored by an independent panel of judges against our Judging Criteria:
In selecting an eventual winner, the judges will focus especially on the degree to which the entry:
- has considered its impact on all users and evidences direct community involvement
- is described in clear, authoritative terms with well-designed documentation
Submitting your entry
This is an online entry.
Make sure you carefully read the How to Enter page for important information about the process and conditions of entry.