Excellence in Biodiversity Conservation and Enhancement
This award celebrates projects which emphasise the enhancement or connectivity of habitats for biodiversity.
It is open to LI members.
What we are celebrating
This award celebrates projects which provide tangible benefits towards addressing the biological diversity crisis and which promote the delivery of measurable biodiversity net gains. This may be designs which emphasise the enhancement or connectivity of habitats for biodiversity; or a wider place-based ecological assessment or management strategy.
This award is open to different types of landscape works, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Assessment or research
- Planning document
- Design: early/concept
- Design: detailed/technical
- Management strategy
This award will be scored by an independent panel of judges against our Judging Criteria:
- The relevant aspects of the Design criteria
In selecting an eventual winner, the judges will focus especially on the degree to which the entry:
- has sought to make a positive contribution towards healthy, connected habitats for biodiverse species
- has mitigated other environmental harms and pollution wherever possible, including air and water pollution
- has looked at innovation in the delivery of biodiversity benefits as part of an integrated scheme
- demonstrates tangible benefits for instance through Biodiversity Net Gain, delivery on BAP Targets and benefits to local communitites
- has provision of access, education and interpretation
Follow this link to read more details on these criteria and the sub-criteria to make sure you clearly identify how your work meets the specific requirements for your category.
To enter this Award:
- The work may be of any scale
- Part of the awarded activity must have taken place between July 2020 and July 2022
- The work may be a stand-alone project or form part of a larger project
Submitting your entry
This is an online entry.
Make sure you carefully read the How to Enter page for important information about the process and conditions of entry.