Excellence in Biodiversity Conservation and Enhancement
This award celebrates projects which emphasise the enhancement or connectivity of habitats for biodiversity.
It is open to LI members.
What we are celebrating
This award celebrates projects which provide tangible benefits towards addressing the biological diversity crisis and which promote the delivery of measurable biodiversity net gains. This may be designs which emphasise the enhancement or connectivity of habitats for biodiversity; or a wider place-based ecological assessment or management strategy.
This award is open to different types of landscape works, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Assessment or research
- Planning document
- Design: early/concept
- Design: detailed/technical
- Management strategy
To enter this Award:
- The work may be of any scale
- Part of the awarded activity must have taken place between July 2019 and July 2021
- The work may be a stand-alone project or form part of a larger project
This award will be scored by an independent panel of judges against our Judging Criteria:
- The relevant aspects of the Design criteria
In selecting an eventual winner, the judges will focus especially on the degree to which the entry:
- has sought to make a positive contribution towards healthy, connected habitats for biodiverse species
- has mitigated other environmental harms and pollution wherever possible, including air and water pollution
Follow this link to read more details on these criteria and the sub-criteria to make sure you clearly identify how your work meets the specific requirements for your category.
The Excellence in Biodiversity Conservation and Enhancement Award 2020 Winner
An overview from the last years Awards winner on what made their entry successful and much more