Excellence in Flood and Water Management
This award celebrates projects which are integral to reduction of flood risk and sustainable water management.
It is open to LI members.
What we are celebrating
This award celebrates projects which are integral to the reduction of flood risk and sustainable water management, and the wider promotion of sustainable drainage schemes. It includes projects of all scales, from large-scale interventions which contribute towards catchment or river basin management, to small site-based designs and interventions, such as rain gardens or bio–attenuation products.
This award is open to different types of landscape works, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Assessment or research
- Planning document
- Design: early/concept
- Design: detailed/technical
- Management strategy
This award will be scored by an independent panel of judges against our Judging Criteria:
In selecting an eventual winner, the judges will focus especially on the degree to which the entry:
- has mitigated environmental harms and pollution wherever possible, including accounting for water quality
- has made a positive contribution towards healthy, connected habitats for biodiverse species
- has evidence of function and outcomes to mitigate flood risk and/or improve water management
- has evidence of role of LA in leading or influencing project design to provide wider benefits, for instance biodiversity and habitat connectivity, access and beauty
Follow this link to read more details on these criteria and the sub-criteria to make sure you clearly identify how your work meets the specific requirements for your category.
To enter this Award:
- The work may be of any scale
- Part of the awarded activity must have taken place between July 2020 and July 2022
- The work may be a stand-alone project or form part of a larger project
Submitting your entry
This is an online entry.
Make sure you carefully read the How to Enter page for important information about the process and conditions of entry.