Excellence in Masterplanning and Urban Design
This award celebrates area-based masterplans or urban design strategies.
It is open to LI members.
What we are celebrating
This award celebrates urban design and masterplanning, and the role of landscape professionals in this field. This could be something new or bespoke, or simply a high-quality example of an existing approach. It includes area-based masterplans and urban design frameworks, as well as associated assessment and guidance, including design codes, townscape mapping, space syntax strategies, etc.
To enter this Award:
- The work may be of any scale
- Part of the awarded activity must have taken place between July 2019 and July 2021
- The work may be a stand-alone project or form part of a larger project
This award will be scored by an independent panel of judges against our Judging Criteria:
In selecting an eventual winner, the judges will focus especially on the requirements under the Design criteria and on the degree to which the entry:
- has considered its impact on all users and evidences community involvement where appropriate
- makes best and most-efficient use of available resources and space
Follow this link to read more details on these criteria and the sub-criteria to make sure you clearly identify how your work meets the specific requirements for your category.
Excellence in Masterplanning and Urban Design Award 2020 Winner
An overview from the last years Awards winner on what made their entry successful and much more