Excellence in Public Health and Wellbeing
This award celebrates projects which emphasises human health and wellbeing.
It is open to LI members.
What we are celebrating
This award celebrates landscape projects that seek to maximise the positive impact of place on human health and wellbeing. This may be place-based health strategies or plans, for instance those which seek to increase access to nature for health, or they may be targeted design or management interventions, such as mitigating the health impacts of air pollution. This includes greening of healthcare facilities such as hospitals and care–homes.
This award is open to different types of landscape works, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Assessment or research
- Planning document
- Design: detailed/technical
- Design implementation
- Management strategy
To enter this Award:
- The work may be any scale
- Part of the awarded activity must have taken place between July 2019 and July 2021
- The work may be a stand-alone project or form part of a larger project
This award will be scored by an independent panel of judges against our Judging Criteria:
- The relevant aspects of the Design criteria
In selecting an eventual winner, the judges will focus especially on the degree to which the entry:
- maximises its impact on human health and wellbeing, and other social outcomes
- relies upon thorough and robust analysis of impacts, risks, and benefits
Follow this link to read more details on these criteria and the sub-criteria to make sure you clearly identify how your work meets the specific requirements for your category.
Excellence in Public Health and Wellbeing Award 2020 Winner
An overview from the last years Awards winner on what made their entry successful and much more