Excellence in Sustainable Infrastructure
This award celebrates landscape projects which are integral to built infrastructure, across energy, digital, utilities, waste, or transport.
It is open to LI members.
What we are celebrating
This award celebrates the landscape professional’s role in sustainable built infrastructure schemes. This may be across energy, digital, utilities, waste, or transport. It may be linear schemes, such as railway verges or individual sites, such as a port, solar farm, or waste site. It may be anything from an early stage assessment to a built–out place (NB: This excludes water and flooding schemes, which should be entered in the Excellence in Flood and Water Management category).
This award is open to different types of landscape works, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Assessment or research
- Planning document
- Design: concept/outline
- Design: detailed/technical
- Design implementation
- Management strategy
This award will be scored by an independent panel of judges against our Judging Criteria:
- The relevant aspects of the Design criteria
In selecting an eventual winner, the judges will focus especially on the degree to which the entry:
- has overcome site challenges in an innovative or creative way
- has evidence of the role of the LA in leading or influencing project to deliver wider environmental measures and benefits
- has evidence as to how sustainability has informed all aspects of planning, design and implementation, where applicable
- has evidence as to how the scheme has overcome site challenges in an innovative or creative way
- is consistent with current UK best practice and standards, and any relevant design guidance
Follow this link to read more details on these criteria and the sub-criteria to make sure you clearly identify how your work meets the specific requirements for your category.
To enter this Award:
- Part of the awarded activity must have taken place between July 2020 and July 2022
- The work may be a stand-alone project or form part of a larger project
Submitting your entry
This is an online entry.
Make sure you carefully read the How to Enter page for important information about the process and conditions of entry.