Enhancing Heritage & Culture
This award is for heritage and conservation schemes for historic landscapes for which either:
- at least one phase of the project has been completed on site or;
- the strategy or plan has led to a successful application for funding from HLF or another source
Typical entries may include:
- Conservation management plans
- Heritage strategies
- Historic landscape assessments
- Restoration management plans
- Heritage landscape masterplans
- Thoroughness of historic research
- Interpretation of heritage landscape and features in final scheme
- Clarity and quality of proposals and recommendations
- Evidence of stakeholder involvement
- Relevance of proposals to contemporary landscape and uses
Specific requirements for entry
- Copy of the reports and/or project masterplan
- Name of scheme
- Entrant details
- Details of LI professional member responsible for production of work
- Client / Owner authority
- Scheme details (client and project team, site information, site size, relevant dates, brief, budget, phasing details)
- Site visit details (access details, site contact details if needed)
- Covering statement, up to 600 words, including
- Purpose: describe the project requirements, scope, context, philosophy and intent.
- Role of the landscape professional: describe the precise role and responsibility of the LI professional member and the role of all other significant participants including owner or client.
- Significance: explain the project’s relevance to the client, the profession, the public and the environment. Describe how the project meets the criteria for judging in the appropriate category and why it is worthy of an award.
- Innovation: explain how the scheme is unique or special, together with any unusual or demanding problems which were solved
- Why this scheme deserves to win an award
- List of contractors and partners to be credited in publicity materials if the entry wins an Award
- File upload: Submission document addressing the Specific Requirements for Entry set out above, in PDF format, 100MB max file size. Refer to the Submission Document Requirements on the ‘How to Enter’ page for more details of what to include in this document.
- Images upload: You can upload up to 15 images (JPEG, at least 300dpi) from your submission document, to be featured in promotional material and publicised by the LI. For each image, you will need to provide a brief description, image credit and confirmation that it can be used in publicity.
- Online media: if you have referenced a video or website in your submission, provide the URL