New Landscape Professional of the Year
The New Landscape Professional award recognises the significant achievements of members who first attained Chartership within the Landscape Institute within the last five years. Professionals may nominate themselves or be nominated by others.
The judging panel for this award will be made up of individuals including the President of the Institute, Chief Executive of the Institute and an independent trustee of the Institute.
The New Landscape Professional award will be announced at a dedicated event in early 2020.
Proposals must demonstrate the nominee has made a contribution to their workplace/society that is beyond the average expected for someone who has chartered recently.
Nominees if self nominating must provide references from at least two members of the LI.
Proposers must demonstrate, with evidence, that their chosen nominee is being recognised for making a significant contribution in one or more of the following areas:
- Involvement in at least three projects where the nominee has played a key role and shown original thinking;
- Developing innovative processes for approaching a project;
- Taking a lead role in client or community relations that have positively impacted the project
- Undertaken research that has influenced the direction of a project or solved an issue related to the project;
- Developed a project or idea that challenges received opinion on how to approach an issue and proposes an innovative solution;
- Promotion or engagement work which has helped raise the profile or contributed to the promotion of the LI and/or the profession in a voluntary capacity.
- Demonstration of taking the lead in at least three projects in the workplace and/or at least one personal project.
- The nominee demonstrates giving back to profession and/or society
- Demonstration of original thinking in their approach to projects in the workplace and/or at least one personal project
- Demonstration that the nominee’s approach and achievements are beyond the average of what is expected at this stage in their career.
This category is free to enter but you must register, as with all other categories.
- Name of landscape professional, and graduation /Pathway dates
- Entrant details
- Details of two LI professional members proposing the Volunteer (name, contact details, LI membership details, details of how worked with the nominee)
- Covering statement, 1000 to 1500 words, addressing the Judging Criteria and demonstrating that the nominee has made a contribution to their workplace/society that is beyond the average expected for someone who has chartered recently (refer to the Typical Entries information above).
- Brief biography of the nominee (up to 100 words), including information such as their current job title and organisation, if relevant.
- Images upload: Upload at least one image of the nominee (JPEG, at least 300dpi). This may be featured in promotional material and publicised by the LI. For each image, you will need to provide a brief description, image credit and confirmation that it can be used in publicity.