This category celebrates dissertation work completed by students as part of an undergraduate or post-graduate course accredited by the Landscape Institute. It is open to students who have successfully completed their course during the 3 years to July 2021.
This should be a dissertation completed as part of an LI-accredited course. Brief details of the research problem, hypothesis and research methodology should be provided.
- Choice and focus of subject – appropriateness of response to brief
- Clarity of purpose and structure – ways in which aims and objectives are set out and appropriateness of dissertation structure for its purpose.
- Research and review – quality and breadth of background research and literature review, including appropriate citing of references and sources.
- Methodology – quality and appropriateness of methodology and its application, including clarity of procedures used.
- Analysis and interpretation of results – analytical ability, demonstrated, including appropriate development and application of criteria for interpreting results and making judgements.
- Communication – quality of communication and expression including written style, grammar, illustrations and graphic presentation.
- Conclusions/summary – appropriateness, reliability and usefulness of conclusions of the subject addressed.
Specific requirements for entry
- Copy of the dissertation document
- Dissertations should be submitted as complete, standalone documents and additional pieces of work, such as presentation sheets or similar, will not be considered by the judging panel.
Student Dissertation Award 2020 Winner
An overview from the last years Awards winner on what made their entry successful and much more