This page sets out the guidelines for entering the Member Accolade categories.
Read this page carefully for details about eligibility requirements and what to include in your submission. You should also read the information on the relevant awards category page, as well as the Judging Criteria.
For general guidance on how to enter and the terms of entry, read the How to Enter page.
Individuals entered for the Member Accolade awards must be LI members. Specific awards may have further requirements.
Nominations for entry
Professionals may nominate themselves or be nominated by others. All entries must provide references from at least two current members of the LI.
Your online entry
You will need to provide the following information as part of your LI Awards online entry:
This information will be used to administer and judge the Awards
- Contact details of entrant
- Information about the person being entered and details of two nominees (who must be LI members)
- Covering statement, up to 800 words, setting out how this individual meets the judging criteria for the category and why they deserve to win an LI Award.
- Online media: if you have referenced a video or website in your submission, please provide the URL of these materials.
Publicity and marketing information
This information will not be provided to judges and will only be used if you are a Winner or Finalist in your category. These materials would be used for marketing and publicity around the Awards and in ongoing promotion by the LI.
- Images upload: Upload 3 to 10 images (JPEG, at least 300dpi; at least 3 images in landscape orientation) which showcase your entry. These may be featured in promotional material and publicised by the LI. For each image, you will need to provide a brief description and image credit. Only provide images that the LI has the right to use.
- Online media: if you have referenced a video or website in your submission which could be used in publicity, please provide the URL. Only provide links to materials that the LI has the right to use.
Image submission guidelines
The images you submit in your online entry form are for promotional purposes (such as on social media, blog posts, articles in the LI Journal ‘Landscape’) and (if you are shortlisted) for use at the LI Awards ceremony.
They are not shared with the judges and are not considered when assessing your submission.
You can submit between 3 and 10 images with your entry. Please ensure that at least 3 of these are in landscape format, suitable for use on Awards collateral, such as the website and on the big screen at the Awards.
If you do not submit suitable images then the Landscape Institute will be unable to include pictures of your project for these purposes.
Try to select images to illustrate the work you are entering, but that are also easy for those outside the profession to understand.
Video and multimedia guidelines
The LI encourages the use of videos, websites and other multimedia as part of your entry. You can provide links to these during your online application.