LI Awards 2018
The Landscape Institute Awards are presented each year to landscape professionals in recognition of outstanding work. The Awards celebrate the value of landscape practice in connecting people, place and nature by demonstrating excellence, innovation and creativity in the natural and built environment
The Landscape Institute is the chartered body for the landscape profession. Its mission is to lead and inspire the profession to deliver for the benefit of people, place and nature, for today and for future generations. Its vision is to develop the skills, knowledge and professional behaviours of its members; to be agile, innovative and responsive in the face of environmental challenges and major social change; and to help its members and the communities they serve deliver more sustainable ways for living and working in the future.
The Awards showcase the exceptional work of the many different types of landscape professionals including landscape designers, managers, planners and researchers.
This year the Landscape Institute introduces two new categories:
- The Dame Sylvia Crowe Award for Outstanding International Contribution to People, Place and Nature is our first to be open to individuals and organisations globally
- Planting Design, Horticulture and Strategic Ecology
Established categories include:
- Fifteen Professional and Open categories designed to highlight projects which reflect the breadth of the profession.
- The Fellows Award, which is presented to LI members for their contribution to the landscape profession.
- Client of the Year, New Landscape Professional of the Year and Volunteer of the Year are nominated by LI members.
- Two categories of Student Award.
The President of the Landscape Institute selects one submission from the finalists in the Professional, Student and Open categories to receive the accolade of the President’s Award.
Adding Value Through Landscape
Communications and Presentation
Design for a Small-Scale Development
Design for a Medium-Scale Development
Design for a Large-Scale Development
Design for a Temporary Landscape
Heritage and Conservation
Science, Management and Stewardship
Landscape Policy and Research
Local Landscape Planning
Strategic Landscape Planning
Urban Design and Masterplanning
Planting Design, Horticulture and Strategic Ecology
9am GMT Wednesday 6th June 2018
Entry registration and payment opens.
Online submissions open.
5pm GMT, Tuesday 31st July 2018
Entry registration and payment closes.
Deadline for online submissions
5pm GMT, Monday 6th August 2018
Deadline for hard copy submissions.
August - October 2018
Site visits and judging
Friday 2nd November 2018
Awards confirmed and finalists notified
Thursday 22nd November 2018
LI Awards Ceremony