Excellence in Landscape Planning and Assessment
This award celebrates assessments, strategies, or documents for use in planning decisions.
It is open to individual chartered, fellow or academic member of the Landscape Institute or an office, department or section headed by a chartered member of the Institute.
What we are celebrating
This award celebrates the role of landscape professionals in creating assessments, strategies, or documents for use in planning decisions. This could be something new or bespoke, or simply a high-quality example of an existing approach. Typical examples include LVIAs, green infrastructure strategies, landscape character assessments, supplementary planning documents, neighbourhood plans, transport strategies, etc.
This award will be scored by an independent panel of judges against our Judging Criteria:
In selecting an eventual winner, the judges will focus especially on the degree to which the entry:
- has evidence of integration of landscape issues as part of wider environmental, socio-economic or cultural considerations to maximise benefits
- demonstrates thorough and robust analysis of impacts, risks, and benefits in development of strategies and approach
- is described in clear, authoritative terms with well-designed documentation
Follow this link to read more details on these criteria and the sub-criteria to make sure you clearly identify how your work meets the specific requirements for your category.
To enter this Award:
- Part of the awarded activity must have taken place between July 2021 and July 2023
- Work may be a stand-alone project or form part of a larger project
Submitting your entry
This is an online entry.
Make sure you carefully read the How to Enter page for important information about the process and conditions of entry.
You should also read the Judging Criteria and the guide to entering Professional categories for information on eligibility and what you will need to provide in your entry.