Landscape and Parks Management
This award celebrates excellence in the management of a place or landscape.
It is open to any individual, organisation, employer, government or university or combination of groups to enter, but an LI member must be part of the team being entered.
What we are celebrating
This award celebrates excellence in the management of existing landscapes, including parks. This must be demonstrated through a written plan or strategy, or evidencable outcome. The management approach could be cross-cutting, seeking to improve outcomes across a range of ecosystem services, or it could be a targeted intervention on an individual aspect. The project should seek to maximise value for people place and nature.
This award is open, but not limited to:
• Local Authority Parks and Open Spaces
• Trusts or other independent/joint venture bodies
• Estates and heritage parks and gardens in private ownership
• Government bodies and agencies
• Community groups and residents associations
This award will be scored by an independent panel of judges against our Judging Criteria:
In selecting an eventual winner, the judges will focus especially on the requirements under the Sustainability criteria and on the degree to which the entry:
- has considered its impact on all users and evidences community involvement where appropriate
- provides clarity of advice and recommendations: specifically aims and objectives and delivery through conservation, enhancement and management
- provides clarity in definition of duties, roles and responsibilities for implementation
- has evidence of stakeholder engagement in development of documentation and implementation
- shows how the project maximises its impact on human health and wellbeing, and other social outcomes
Follow this link to read more details on these criteria and the sub-criteria to make sure you clearly identify how your work meets the specific requirements for your category.
To enter this Award:
- The work may be of any scale
- Part of the awarded activity must have taken place between July 2021 and July 2023
- An LI member is required as one of the team members submitting
Previous winners and finalists
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
London Legacy Development Corporation
Submitting your entry
This is an online entry.
Make sure you carefully read the How to Enter page for important information about the process and conditions of entry.