This category recognises portfolios created by students as part of an undergraduate or post-graduate course accredited by the Landscape Institute. It is open to LI student members who have successfully completed their course during the 3 years to July 2023.
The Student Awards is only open to LI Student members.
You must apply for a free student membership by Thursday 29 June 2023 to be eligible for the Student categories which close by Tuesday 4 July 2023.
Typical entries may include:
Your entry should include selected drawings and other communication material representing projects from each year of the completed course and identified accordingly (Year 1 etc).
A short summary of the individual project briefs or the full brief should be attached for each project. Students are encouraged to explore all forms of presentation and media.
- Creativity and innovation of proposals, including use of materials and technologies.
- Scale of working – ability to work at, and through, different scales, from strategic and planning issues to detailed design considerations.
- Brief – appropriateness and vision in response to the brief.
- Context – quality of response to site context in physical, cultural, social, political, economic terms etc.
- Rationale – clarity and appropriateness of aims, objectives, strategies and design concept(s).
- Research – depth and relevance of background research and its expression.
- Technical and functional aspects – quality of approach to developing technically and functionally sound proposals.
- Sustainability – demonstration of sustainable approach, including low-energy or energy efficient designs,improved biodiversity, good hydrological management, pollution prevention or reduction, bioengineering techniques etc.
- Presentation and communication – quality of communication and expression, appropriateness of media used to give quality and effective communication.
- Conclusions/Summary – appropriateness, reliability and usefulness of conclusions the subject addresses
Specific requirements for entry
- Work must be provided in your Submission document.
- Photographs of other work (eg models) may be included in the portfolio
- If you would like to include video, include a still image and description in the bound document.
- A broad range of projects should be illustrated but one specific project should be shown in greater detail.