Excellence in Masterplanning and Urban Design
This award celebrates area-based masterplans or urban design strategies.
It is open to individual chartered, fellow or academic member of the Landscape Institute or an office, department or section headed by a chartered member of the Institute.
What we are celebrating
This award celebrates urban design and masterplanning, and the role of landscape professionals in this field. This could be something new or bespoke, or simply a high-quality example of an existing approach. It includes area-based masterplans and urban design frameworks, as well as associated assessment and guidance, including design codes, townscape mapping, space syntax strategies, etc.
This award will be scored by an independent panel of judges against our Judging Criteria:
In selecting an eventual winner, the judges will focus especially on the requirements under the Design criteria and on the degree to which the entry:
- has evidence of integration of proposals as part of wider environmental, socio-economic or cultural considerations to maximise benefits
- has evidence as to how development of proposals assessed impacts and benefits to users
- has evidence of community involvement and consultation
- evidences effectiveness of the proposals in supporting the objectives of sustainable development
- makes best and most-efficient use of available resources and space
Follow this link to read more details on these criteria and the sub-criteria to make sure you clearly identify how your work meets the specific requirements for your category.
To enter this Award:
- The work may be of any scale
- Part of the awarded activity must have taken place between July 2021 and July 2023
- The work may be a stand-alone project or form part of a larger project
This is an online entry.
Make sure you carefully read the How to Enter page for important information about the process and conditions of entry.