This category celebrates dissertation work completed by students as part of an undergraduate or post-graduate course accredited by the Landscape Institute. It is open to LI student members who have successfully completed their course during the 3 years to July 2023.
The Student Awards is only open to LI Student members.
You must apply for a free student membership by Thursday 29 June 2023 to be eligible for the Student categories which close by Tuesday 4 July 2023.
This should be a dissertation completed as part of an LI-accredited course. Brief details of the research problem, hypothesis and research methodology should be provided.
- Choice and focus of subject – appropriateness of response to brief
- Clarity of purpose and structure – ways in which aims and objectives are set out and appropriateness of dissertation structure for its purpose.
- Research and review – quality and breadth of background research and literature review, including appropriate citing of references and sources.
- Methodology – quality and appropriateness of methodology and its application, including clarity of procedures used.
- Analysis and interpretation of results – analytical ability, demonstrated, including appropriate development and application of criteria for interpreting results and making judgements.
- Communication – quality of communication and expression including written style, grammar, illustrations and graphic presentation.
- Conclusions/summary – appropriateness, reliability and usefulness of conclusions of the subject addressed.
Specific requirements for entry
- Copy of the dissertation document
- Dissertations should be submitted as complete, standalone documents and additional pieces of work, such as presentation sheets or similar, will not be considered by the judging panel.