Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to your most frequently asked questions.
When will the LI Awards 2023 open for entries?
The LI Awards 2023 will open its entries on Tuesday, 18th April 2023, 10am (BST).
What are the entry fees?
Early bird rates available from 18th April – 18th May 2023
Submission cost: £170+VAT
Or £140+VAT for sole traders, those that work in public sector or 3rd sector (such as voluntary groups, charities, NGOs).
19th May – 11th July 2023
Submission cost: £190+VAT
Or £160 for sole traders, those that work in public sector or 3rd sector (such as voluntary groups, charities, NGOs).
When will the entries close?
The LI Awards 2023 entries will close on Tuesday 11th July 2023, 23:59 (BST).
Where can I find entry criteria?
Entry criteria is stated under each individual category page. The further guidelines on the submission are listed under How to Enter tab. You should check relevant category tab – Professional, Open, or Student depending on your submission. It will include your online submission specifications such as information required, document size and format, etc. Under the same tab (How to Enter) you will also find Judging Criteria and General entry conditions which are also part of entry criteria.
How can we view the entry questions before making a payment?
When selecting the category on the Awards Force, click on “download blank entry PDF for reference” to view the questions that will be asked to make a submission.
How to register and submit the entry?
- Register an account at: https://landscapeinstitute.awardsplatform.com/ or sign in to an existing account; make a submission payment
- Start your entry (save it in-progress and come back at any time before the awards submission deadline)
- Submit your entry to be judged
What is the difference between Open and Professional categories?
Submissions entered for the Open Category awards are open to entries from individuals and organisations globally, as long as somebody in the team is an LI member with the exception of the Dame Sylvia Crowe and Landscape Legacy Awards, which do not require an LI member.
Except where stated in the specific category details, submissions entered for the Professional Category awards must be the work of an individual chartered, fellow or academic member of the Landscape Institute or an office, department or section headed by a chartered member of the Institute.
I am the LI member, but don’t have a Chartered or Fellow grade, not an Academic or Registered Practice member, which Awards categories are available for submission?
You can enter all Open Categories listed here: https://awards.landscapeinstitute.org/award-categories/open-categories/
Do I have to be a member to submit for a Student Awards?
For the Student Awards, only student members of the Landscape Institute will be able to submit. It is free to become a Student member.
Can I submit as part of a group for the Student Awards?
We ask all participants to submit projects that they have worked on individually. Group projects are prohibited from entry.
Can I get help or advice on my submission?
We are aware that the entry process can be complex and you might need to check some details before submission – the LI Awards team is happy to help. Email: email@example.com
What are the general submission guidelines?
- PDF File upload
- Provide a single submission document (a maximum of 20, A3/A4 pages) to showcase your work and support your entry.
- This may include images, reports, plans or other materials.
- The PDF file upload limit is 100MB
- Please note, that PDFs more than 20 pages may be disregarded by the judges
- For the Student Dissertation category, the full dissertation should be submitted to be reviewed by the judges. The dissertation should be submitted in the original format and does not need to meet the limitation of 20, A3 pages
- Upload 3 to 10 images
- Images should be a minimum of 300dpi
- At least 3 images should be in landscape orientation
- Images should showcase your entry
- Images may be featured in promotional material and publicised by the LI
- For each image, you will need to provide a brief description and image credit
- Only provide images that the LI has the right to use
When and where is the LI Awards ceremony?
The LI Awards ceremony will run in person at:
52 Chiswell Street,
Date: Friday 3rd November 2023.
The LI Awards ceremony will also run live online.
Registration for the LI Awards ceremony will open in May 2023.
When are finalists and winners announced?
Finalists will be announced in September 2023.
Winners will be announced on Friday 3rd November 2023 at the LI Awards ceremony.
What publicity we will get if we win the LI Awards?
Landscape Institute Award winners will receive publicity through various industry media publications, we will also publicise all winners on our social media channels. All Award winners and finalists are displayed on landscape institute awards website.